Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Open Portable HeadphonesDan Clark Audio
Big Full-size Sound, Small Size for Portability
Dan Clark Audio (formerly MrSpeakers) is pleased to announce the all new AEON 2 Open and Closed Headphones. AEON 2 features the latest engineering innovations from our team, married with smart industrial design and a price that will make you smile.
The original ÆON Flow broke new ground with its ergonomic and stylish industrial design that’re hallmarks of Dan Clark Audio designs. From the elegant shape of the earcups, to the lightweight nitinol headband, and the amazing performance of its in-house designed planer drivers, it’s hard to belive we could find a ways to improve it……… but we did!
Improved Performance - The new AEON 2 is not a minor update to a great product, it’s truly a colossal performance upgrade. Dan and team took what they learned designing one of the most highly awarded flagship headphones of 2018, ETHER 2, and redesigned the new AEON 2 driver from the ground up using ETHER 2’s state of the art motor tech. New features include:
- Updated driver structure flipped 180 degrees to remove magnet and flow structures from the diaphragm to the ear
- Streamlined flow elements converted to a single construction, removing air gaps to improve internal airflow
- Higher precision machined flow structures replace injection molded parts
- Superior driver damping for improved resolution, dynamics and a smoother frequency response
- New voicing, with a warmer, fuller tone for the closed, a leaner lower midrange for the open, and a much larger soundstage for both models
The sum of all these innovations is a headphone the renders music with all its emotional impact: visceral bass, transparent mids, and detail up top that is presented in a deep and immersive soundstage putting the music further “out of your head” to create a deeply satisfying experience.
Big Sound, Uncompromised Portability
Many of us at Dan Clark Audio travel extensively around the world to attend headphone shows to meet our incredible customers and dealers. We felt that while the AEON comes with a great case, it was a bit bulky and hard to travel with. When we set out to create the AEON 2 we wanted to improve its portability without sacrificing performance, reliability or comfort. So our engineering team set about making a no-compromise folding headphone and case that would travel more efficiently – and we succeeded.
Our Smart Industrial Design ethos was fully engaged when the team tackled this project, resulting in a singularly cool folding mechanisms that actually improves the clamping, fit, feel, and structural integrity of the entire headphone.
This elegant mechanism deserved a custom designed case, and we are very proud of the outcome. This form fitting protective case also fits your cable of choice and takes up half the room in your backpack or purse the old Aeon case did.
While we understand many of you will only travel with the Aeon 2 Closed we have included the new folding structure on the Aeon 2 open as well.
- Efficiency: 92dB/mW Closed, 94dB Open
- Weight (without cable): 340gr Closed, 321gr Open
- Detachable 2m premium dual-entry cable with 3.5mm and 1/4" termination
- Impedance: 13 ohms
- Frequency Response: Yes*
*We don’t publish a spec because too many vendors shamelessly exaggerate the response of their headphones to win the "spec wars," making any comparison of specs irrelevant.