Lime Ears Pneuma Universal / Custom-Fit In-ear MonitorsLime Ears
The design is inspired by sacred geometry, but tonality is a completely different approach. In comparison to our neutral and natural Aether R, Pneuma sounds more pronounced, lively and direct.
In “neutral” switch position Pneuma is quite a similar sounding iem to Aether R in terms of tonality, with more emphasis on sub bass and highs
With the switch turned on, you’re getting all the goodness and physical punch thanks to opening the dynamic driver a bit. In this switch position Pneuma is a monster of musicality, creating a very lively and spectacular sound.
- One titanium dynamic driver for sub-bass
- Four balanced armature drivers
- Four-way passive hybrid crossover
- Switchable subwoofer dynamic driver
- Utilizing VariBore and
- BAM technology.
Switch changes level of lowest frequencies (approx. 3-6dB<100Hz). You can also use it to make changes depending on:
- the listening level – to make use of the Fletcher-Munson law (for lower listening levels, bass can be boosted to make it better audible)
- the level and quality of bass in the recording (if the bass is well recorded, it can increase its strength. On the other hand, if the material is not properly mixed and lows are becoming boomy and get out of control, they can be trimmed down)
- the external noise levels (if you are using your monitors in a noisy environment: airplane, subway, etc., where the low-end noise masks the lows, you might want to switch them up).